Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ruby4Aspire in Doha!

On Nov 15th I was Invited to attended Rabia Z's Show "Ruby4Sport" at the Aspire Dome in Doha, Qatar! Rabia Z's line 'RUBY' is a combination of sports apparel and active gym wear for modest yet modern women. I think it's great of Rabia to offer something different and sophisticated to conservative women all over the world. Here's a video of the show. Enjoy!

Film by Rana El Khatib
I was lucky enough to chat with the designer herself and ask her a few questions!

"Most Muslimas I know wear Abayas for walking, gym, jogging or sportswear. This is because they cannot find conventional active gym wear that fits their niche needs. And I wanted to insure this." Rabia Z said.

Rabia said her muse for this collection was none other than Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al-Missned, the first Lady of Qatar. "I see her personal style as extremely feminine; it compliments her inherent confidence and adds to her charisma. I want to salute her through my collection. So 'Ruby4Aspire' represents her vibrant vision for our culture, filled with colour, creativity, embodying the spirit of competition without limitations in dress-code, or religious beliefs."

Here are some close ups of the collection on the runway!
 

For more information on 'Ruby4Aspire' please visit Rabia Z's website:
or her Facebook page on:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...